Friday, July 12, 2013

Pretty Little Liars Sleep Mask Pattern

When I made this I was really bored so I thought, "hey, why not make a PLL sleep mask?" Yes, I realize that I have very random thoughts. Of course you can use any design that you want. to use this pattern make the design 22 sts wide and 37 sts long.

So the materials are...
DK weight yarn (I used Classic Elite Yarns Premiere which I think is no longer being made. I probably used about a little less than half the skein)
Contrasting yarn in DK or Worsted weight ( I used Berrocco Vintage that I already had and you don't need much because it's for the words.)
Size 3 straight needles
Yarn needle


Instructions:

CO4
Row 1: k1, inc, inc, k1
Row 2 and all other even rows (unless otherwise stated): Keep first and last 2 sts in garter st and purl the other sts
Row 3: k2, inc, inc, k2
Row 5: k2, inc in next 4sts, k2
Row 7 k2, inc in next 8 sts, k2
Row 9: k2, inc in next 16 sts, k2
Rows 11, 13, 15: knit
Row 17: k2, work cable #1 (sl 2sts onto cable needle, hold in back, k2 fom LH needle, k2 from cable needle), k1, work design over next 22sts, k1, work cable #2 (sl 2sts onto cable needle, hold in front, k2 from LH needle, k2 from cable needle), k2
Continue working design over center 22 sts, keep outer 2 sts in garter st, work cables every other knit row.
Row 55, 57: knit
Row 59: k2, k2tog 16times, k2
Row 61: k2, k2tog 8 times, k2
Row 63: k2, k2tog 4 times, k2
Row 65: k2, k2tog 2 times, k2
Row 67: k1, k2tog 2 times, k1
BO

Ties (make 2)
Cast on 50 sts, bind off
Tie to the ends of the mask
Weave in ends


Here is the chart for the design I used. Start on the right side of the chart and work the pattern from right to left, starting with 1 and ending with 22 where I mention the "center 22sts".

5 comments:

  1. What is the "design over 22 stitches"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeannette! What I meant by that is if you wanted to knit a picture of motif into the mask instead of just having it be plain, you would work your design in those 22 stiches. If you wanted to just keep it plain, you could just work those 22 stitches in stockinette stitch. Hope this explanation helped :)

      Delete
  2. I'm almost finished. There was no getting smaller by nose area? I'll put your link under my projects in Ravelry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thank you for trying out my pattern and sharing on Ravelry!

      Delete
  3. I'm almost finished. There was no getting smaller by nose area? I'll put your link under my projects in Ravelry

    ReplyDelete